Horsebridge Wharf is a fictitious location at the end of a branch line from Plymouth to Callington. This line was part of the PDSWJR. After passing Calstock Station, the line follows a route along the Tamar River arriving at Horsebridge. The location was chosen to gain access to the upper reaches of the Tamar River for coal and goods to the villages above Horsebridge and to receive stone from the quarries up the Tamar plus passenger traffic to the village. The era of the layout is the 1930’s.
The stock and locos were typically used on this line and two of the locos were specific to PDSWJR that is ‘A S Harris’ 756 and ‘Lord St Levan’ 758 both being CSP kits. All the layout has been hand built except the signal box which was a limited Kernow rendition of a LSWR type 3 box. All points and signals are rod driven from a 13 frame lever group (sorry no interlocking) The model is 4mm/ft scale to E.M. Gauge. Please ask about modelling in EM Gauge and about any of the locomotives, rolling stock and buildings on the layout.